“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.” – Winston Churchill
Volunteers are a vital piece of the Central Texas Table of Grace community, and we welcome you to engage with us in service to these deserving children and young adults. We offer many different opportunities to get involved, with various levels of commitment. Our greatest needs at this time include transportation for our youth, deep cleaning, yard maintenance, and administrative work.
If you have a heart that desires to give in a specific way, we would love to hear about it! As a relationship-based organization, it is important to us that our supporters feel fulfilled in their service to our youth. Let us know how you would like to serve, and we will find the best way to plug you in to our community.
Our volunteers serve one or both of our programs:
- Table of Grace, an emergency shelter for children ages 6-17
- Grace365, a Supervised Independent Living program for young adults ages 18-21 who have aged out of foster care
Ready to get started? Become a Volunteer in 3 easy steps:
1. Begin the Conversation
2. Complete the Background Check
3. Complete the Required Training
Begin the Conversation
If you have not already been in touch with our team, and you would like to connect with someone before starting the process you’re welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can provide us your contact information, how you would like to serve, and which program interests you most!
If we have already connected, you’re welcome to proceed to the following steps. Thank you for your interest and valuable time!
Complete the Following Steps
- Background Check Form – Each volunteer is asked to provide the information in the attached form, in order for us to run required background checks. This is to ensure the safety of the foster youth in our care. Click here to access the background check form.
- Reporting of Neglect and Abuse form – Needs to be signed and returned. Click here to access the Reporting of Neglect and Abuse form.
- Confidentiality Agreement – Needs to be signed and returned. Click here to access the confidentiality agreement form.
- Negative TB Test – Please provide proof of a negative TB test (dated within the past 12 months)
Please download the above forms, complete the information, sign and date (the latter two forms), then return to email@example.com, or you can send to our mailing address: P.O. Box 52, Round Rock, Texas 78680.
You’re also welcome to reach to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Sometimes after the background check fingerprints will be required and it’s hard to know when that will be the case. Even when you’ve gotten them in the past. Thank you!
Complete the Required Training
After you have completed the forms above and emailed us, please proceed to the required training below. This training is with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS), and the expected duration is about 2-hours. Once you complete the training successfully, please save the confirmation (one of the two examples below) and email to email@example.com, or you can send to our mailing address: P.O. Box 52, Round Rock, Texas 78680.
Trauma Informed Care Training: https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Training/Trauma_Informed_Care/default.asp
Once these items are completed Lee Ann will reach out to you to chat on where you can help! Thank you!